As Summer comes to an end, we asked our Taproom Manager, Mark Leopold, to whip up a tasty cocktail using The Space in Between Pineapple. With this in mind, Mark created an elevated yet simple, make-at-home cocktail featuring an original basil-cinnamon-pineapple beer syrup. The idea behind the beer syrup was to combine the flavors of summer (pineapple / basil) with the flavors of fall (cinnamon) since this is a transitionary period between seasons. Not to mention, all those flavors go really well together. Try if for yourself!
For the cocktail:
- .75 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- .75 oz beer syrup
- 2 oz Plantation 5 year Rum
- Fresh pineapple for garnish
For the beer syrup:
- One can of The Space in Between Pineapple
- 250g (1 cup) demerara sugar
- Fresh basil leaves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
For the syrup:
- One can of The Space in Between Pineapple, reduced by half in a small saucepan.
- Once the beer has reduced, add 250g of demerara sugar over low heat and stir to incorporate.
- Once the sugar is completely incorporated, add a nice bunch of fresh basil and 3 cinnamon sticks.
- Let steep over lowest heat for 15 minutes.
- Strain out solids.
Add ingredients to mixing tin over ice.
Shake to incorporate.
Strain over ice in glass.
Top with The Space in Between Pineapple.
Garnish with pineapple fronds and pineapple chunks.
Enjoy your delicious cocktail and the last moments of Summer.