- This event has passed.
Cranko de Mayo
May 1 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$35
Join us for an exhilarating tour on the dirt roads (with a touch of pavement and a little Class IV) of the beautiful Mad River Valley to kick off the spring biking season! Starting and finishing at the Lawson’s Finest Liquids taproom in Waitsfield, VT (parking details to come), you will be rewarded with incredible views and pass through three covered bridges! We have two options for your cycling pleasure:
- The Solo Bien (Just Fine): 29 miles with 3,700 feet of happy climbing! http://www.strava.com/routes/2944368388179031412
- The Demasiado (Too Much): 47 miles with 6,000 feet of even happier climbing! http://www.strava.com/routes/2944361332641920658
There will be one major and one mini aid station along each route and all participants will receive a commemorative poster and a Lawson’s koozie!
Riders will start in waves, fastest riders first, mellowest last:
- 10:15 AM – hammerheads – Demasiado course
- 10:20 AM – brisk pace – Demasiado course
- 10:25 AM – medium pace – Demasiado course
- 10:30 AM – mellow pace – Demasiado course
- 10:40 AM – hammerheads – Solo Bien course
- 10:45 AM – brisk pace – Solo Bien course
- 10:50 AM – medium pace – Solo Bien course
- 10:55 AM – mellow pace – Solo Bien course
We ask that you ride single file when on paved roads. The course will be unmarked.
All proceeds from this event will go towards trail maintenance and new trail building in the Mad River Valley. It’s going to be a great day! We hope you’ll join us!